SuperBowl Weekend

I am finally over the devastating lose to the Patriots this past Sunday.  To celebrate the Atlanta Falcons return to the Superbowl in over a decade some high school buddies and I went to Houston.  The city was alive with a surprising number of people cheering on the Falcons.  We spent the majority of our time celebrating at a place called Warehouse Live.  I must admit that for a place with no windows I was thinking I hope nothing happens.  Besides that the place took me back to my high school days with songs from artist such as Outkast and Kilo Ali.

Game Day was stressful.  For the Falcons being the underdog; it was a constant thought of all we have to do is start good.  Unfortunately, that is what we did.  First half was amazing by the Falcons, but second half was dreadful.  The Falcon's defense some how just ran out of gas to stop the Patriots from creating an explosive offensive front.  It felt like Matt Ryan and the offense could not put a solid run of plays together to at least get in field goal range.  At the end, a shocking defeat in overtime.  If you are a Falcon fan then part of you knows that it was inevitable and that a win would have been more surprising despite the strong season the Falcons had.

We left the game in silence.  The next day, every one is talking about how could this have happened.  Your friends are calling to tease you while you are still in a space of disbelief.  The best you can come up with for some of them is "At least my team made it to the superbowl".  At the end of the day, I hope Arthur Blank wins one in the near future.  "GO FALCONS"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Goals

Happy New Year